Boxing Day Pickle Pie
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 2 x sheets of pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 x 320g jar Cottage Delight Perfect Party Pickle
- 8 slices of leftover Christmas ham
- 300g cooked Christmas Turkey
- 300g leftover pork stuffing (or 1 packet mix, made according to pack instructions)
- 250g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas 6. Grease and flour a deep, round 18cm, loose bottomed or spring form pie tin. Line tin with one sheet of shortcrust pastry and spread ½ jar Perfect Party Pickle across the base.
Fill with layers of ham, Perfect Party Pickle, turkey, stuffing and cheese, until the tin is full. Ensure you pack in the layers, pressing them into the pie as you go.
Cut a lid, using the pie tin as a guide, place this on the top of the pie and crimp around the edges. Cut festive decorations out with the pastry off-cuts and arrange these on top of your pie. Glaze the top generously with egg wash and cut a hole in the top. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, (check and add tin foil over top if catching after 40 minutes) until golden brown.
Allow to cool inside the tin and serve hot or cold for Boxing Day lunch.