Living on the Veg
Peanut butter veggie stew
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Put the cubed sweet potato on a baking tray with a drizzle of rapeseed oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and roast for 30 minutes. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat with a tablespoon of rapeseed oil.
Add the onion and garlic, reduce the heat to low, pop a lid on the pan and cook until the onion has softened, around 5 minutes. Take the lid off, turn the heat back up to medium, season with sea salt and black pepper and add the spices (cumin, coriander, paprika, chipotle paste). Stir for a minute to combine.
Add the courgettes and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes to soften the veg slightly. Pour in the chopped tomato, season again with salt and pepper and cook on a low heat, without a lid, for 25 minutes. This should soften the veg and reduce the sauce. At the end of the cooking time, stir in the peanut butter, kidney beans, roasted sweet potato and spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Check that it’s seasoned to your liking and add more sea salt and black pepper if required. Serve with a generous helping of crunchy Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds.
Ingredients: serves 2
• 400g sweet potato, peeled and cubed • 1 red onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped • 1 courgette, cubed
• 1 red pepper, cubed • 2 tins of chopped tomato
• 1 tin of kidney beans • 100g of spinach
• 2 tbsps of smooth peanut butter • 1 tsps of cumin seeds
• 1 tsps of ground coriander • 1 tsps of paprika
• 1 tsps of chipotle paste • Sea salt and black pepper, to season
• Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds, to sprinkle
Cut a butternut squash into quarters, scoop out the seeds, brush with some rapeseed oil and roast for 180°C for 45 minutes, or until soft.
To make the falafel, measure out 250g of the roasted butternut squash, add to a food processor with the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, paprika, cumin, parsley and olive oil and blend to combine.
Stir in the Mega Omega Munchy Seeds, then take a large tablespoon of the mixture and form into a falafel; bake in the oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes until golden.
Butternut & seed falafels
- 250g roasted butternut squash 200g cooked chickpeas
- 100g Mega Omega Munchy Seeds Juice of a lemon
- ½ tsp salt 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin seeds 5g small handful parsley
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil